RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
What and Why RPL:
RPL is another mode of application to gain access to UNAM academic programmes. RPL assess an individual’s learning that is acquired on the job, to determine the extent to which such learning is achieved. The aim of RPL is to provide potential candidates with an opportunity to have their competencies, skills and knowledge assessed, recognised for possible admission to study and obtain a University qualification.
RPL is located within the broader context of the national policy, the university’s purpose and vision of driving towards a knowledge-based economy, economic growth and improved quality of life.
Available Programmes under RPL Application:
The following selected programmes, at either diploma, bachelor degree or master’s degree level, will be admitting successful applicants through RPL applications:
- Visual Arts
- Media Studies
- Public Health
- Nursing Science
- Accounting and Auditing (Certificate)
- Management and Taxation (Certificate)
- Education (Community Educators, Pre-, Lower- & Upper-Primary)
- Secondary Education (Afrikaans, Otjiherero, German & Khoekhoegowab)
Who can apply?
Any person who:
- Has at least 3 years (not older than 5 years) of relevant working or self-studying experience, of skills, knowledge and competencies that could assist the applicant to gain entry into a chosen course of study.
- should be at least 23 years old on the first day of the academic year in which admission is sought (i.e. 2021);
- Is ready to be assessed by an RPL Panel based on the relevant learning evidence submitted.
- Can submit a portfolio of evidence, in which learning evidence is presented.
- Can demonstrate evidence of learning, write an examination, an interview or a project when required.
How to apply:
For any enquiries, please contact:
Tel: 061 206 4968 | Email: email@example.com