For additional information on fees, please contact: +264 61 206 3370
Current and prospective students of the University of Namibia are required to take note of the following compulsorily minimum deposit fees for the 2020 academic year
First Semester (N$)
|Fee||Namibian Students||SADC Students||Non SADC Students|
|1st Semester tuition fees deposit||3 400||5 000||13 400|
|Registration fees||1 615||1 615||1 615|
|Connectivity fees (compulsory – all students)(N$500 + N$75 VAT)||575||575||575|
|International student levy||0||3 000||3 000|
|Total fees payable at registration||5 590||10 190||18 590|
- “Total fees payable at registration” are payable on or before the day of registration.
- Due date for outstanding fees for the first (1) semester is on or before 01 June 2020, (failure to settle the outstanding fees will result in the examination marks being withheld).
Second Semester (N$)
Total fees payable at 2nd Semester registration
|DESCRIPTION||Namibian Students||SADC Students||Non SADC Students|
|Total fees payable at 2nd Semester registration||3 400||5 000||13 400|
- Due date for outstanding fees for the second (2) semester is on or before 30 November 2020, (failure to settle the outstanding fees will result in the examination marks being withheld).
Hostel Fees Deposit (per semester)(N$)
|Campus||Namibian Students||SADC Students||Non SADC Students|
|Main/Neudamm/Ogongo/ José Eduardo Dos Santos/Sam Nujoma (Breakfast included)||13 530||13 530||22 460|
|Neudamm: School of Veterinary Medicine (Breakfast included)||15 220||15 220||25 080|
|Hifikepunye Pohamba/Khomasdal/Katima Mulilo/Rundu/Southern (Breakfast included)||10 360||10 360||16 120|
|José Eduardo dos Santos (Breakfast included)||17 060||17 060||29 450|
|Health Sciences North (Breakfast excluded)||9 460||9 460||18 920|
|Health Sciences Windhoek (Breakfast excluded)||16 780||16 780||33 560|
- Wear and Tear fees of N$ 950 (non-refundable) is payable before or on day of each semester hostel registration.
- Hostel fees are payable upfront on or before the day of registration at the beginning of each semester.
- Students, who settle their tuition fees before the end of February 2020 qualify for a 10% discount on tuition fees (excl. additional class fees) and should apply in writing on or before 01 June 2020 (1st semester), and 30 September 2020 (2nd semester).
- In order to be exempted from paying the required deposit, bursary holders need to provide written proof of sponsorship / bursary from the Donor.
- Students registering with an acknowledgement letter of Namibia Student Financial Assistant Fund (NSFAF) should pay the Registration fee of N$2 190 plus the required deposit for campus accommodation.
Kindly note that the acknowledgement letter is not a guarantee for a loan to be awarded.
- Outstanding balances of previous years should be settled in full, before registration.
- Late registration fee of N$600 is payable by all students who register after normal registration.
- Direct bank deposits and electronic transfers should be done 2 working days before registration date.
- A student number must be used as reference for all direct and electronic deposits.
- Cheque payments directly into the University’s bank account should be made 5 working days before registration date.
- Payments at the different University cashiers will reflect immediately.
- Students are encouraged to sort out their financial enquiries prior to registration.
Debit Order Option available
Payment plan on remaining balance (applicable to non-bursary/loan holders):
Sign a debit order at registration to pay-off any semester remaining balance.
Last day to pay-off 2020 first semester remaining balance is on or before 01 June. Last day to pay-off 2020 second semester remaining balance is on or before 30 November.
Direct Bank Deposits or Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT) can be made to the following UNAM account:
|Account name:||UNAM Student Deposit Account|
|Account type:||Current account|
|Bank name:||First National Bank Namibia|
|Reference number:||Student Number (Compulsory)|
For additional information on fees, please contact: +264 (0)61 206 3370 or download the Student Fees Prospectus.