Welcome to the Faculty of Agriculture and Natural Resources (FANR). Thank you for visiting our page. I hope that you will take five minutes to explore the training, research and outreach community services we offer. Information contained on this website will help you navigate and provide answers to frequently asked questions about the faculty.
As access adequate nutrition remains elusive to many African countries, the faculty strives to equip students with the necessary skills to find solutions to the nutritional challenges of this century. Having recently formed the School of Veterinary Medicine and several other departments in the Faculty, FANR remains a strong agricultural pillar for scholars and business man alike.
Our research portfolio speaks volumes about the obsession for solutions regarding food security and sustainable usage of resources. Researchers in the faculty toil hard and keep themselves abreast with modern agricultural technology. We are proud to be the first University in Namibia to initiate research on growing rice and barley. Our appearance at exhibitions, conferences and workshops is omnipresent and indelible, causing the Faculty to win numerous awards. This has become second nature to the staff and students who both participate.
Be you a prospective or new student, I encourage you to sift through all of our programmes offered at the Faculty of Agriculture, ranging from Diplomas to Ph.D. level. We promise you this, the knowledge you will acquire through your studies at any department in our faculty, will broaden your understanding towards excellence and competence in agriculture. Any course offered at this Faculty constitutes an excellent option, as long as you are highly committed, dedicated and enthusiastic.
Our departments are distributed throughout the UNAM satellite campuses as follows:
- Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension (Neudamm)
- Department of Animal Science (Neudamm)
- Department of Crop Science (Ogongo Campus)
- Department of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences (Sam Nujoma Campus)
- Department of Food Science and Technology (Neudamm Campus)
- Department of Integrated Environmental Science (Ogongo Campus)
- Department of Wildlife Management and Ecotourism (Katima Mulilo Campus)
- School of Veterinary Medicine (with departments hosted at Neudamm and Katima Mulilo Campuses)