The main function of the Division is built around and dedicated to investigative analysis of socio-economic genre and the dissemination of such information to the broad spectrum of stakeholders in order to effect the necessary changes that will build a thriving society at large.
Objectives of the division
• To conduct academic and theoretical research in the fields of Health inequalities, Gender, Land, Education, Disaster and Risk Reduction and Population Dynamics and Reproductive health.
• To contributing to teaching
• To contribute to publications and outcomes that can influence policies in support of national developmental goals of the country
• To build the capacity of competent Namibian experts in priority social sciences research fields
• To carry out consultancy, community service and other advisory services to the public
• To foster collaboration in social sciences research and development with other institution in the country, in the Region and the Globe
The Social Sciences Division currently has 5 (five) operational research programs;
• Population Dynamics and Reproductive Health,
• Gender Training and Research,
• Land Reform and Resettlement,
• Education and Skills, Equity in Health and
• Disaster Management
+264 61 206 3052
+264 61 206 3050