The Department of Language and Literature Studies in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences is pleased to announce that its Seventh Annual Research Colloquium will take place on 23 July 2015 in the Auditorium of the Library on the UNAM Main Campus.
The Colloquium was established in 2009 to promote and stimulate research in the Department, and to help staff members prepare for possible paper presentations at larger academic gatherings, e.g. the annual research conference of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences. Researchers in the Department who are supported by the University to present papers at international conferences are also expected to present those papers at this occasion.
This year the Colloquium welcomes sister units, institutions and universities active in the field of language and literature studies by featuring a panel discussion on the teaching and especially research activities at each. This showcase is meant to share knowledge at a national scale and identify potential areas of collaboration. The following speakers have so far agreed to participate in the panel discussion:
- Dr Sarala Krishnamurthy, Dean: School of Human Sciences (incorporating the Dept. of Communication and the Dept. of Education and Languages) - Polytechnic of Namibia
- Ms Sylvia Schlettwein, Head: Dept. of Communication and Languages - International University of Management
- Mr Laurentius Davids, Chief Education Officer: African Languages; Curriculum, Research and Development Division - National Institute for Educational Development
- Dr Liswani Simasiku, Director: Language Centre - University of Namibia
- …, Dept. of Curriculum Studies, Instruction and Assessment, Faculty of Education - University of Namibia
- Mr Fillemon Mungongi, Head: Dept. of Education in Languages, Humanities and Commerce, Faculty of Education - University of Namibia
- Prof. Marianne Zappen-Thomson, Dept. of Language and Literature Studies, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences - University of Namibia