The CIAS Department offers the following modules in the Faculty, all of which are considered core, except for the electives in the fourth year of the B.Ed programme:
- English for Teachers I and II (Primary and Secondary)
- IMTE I and II
- Curriculum Studies (Primary and Secondary)
- General Teaching Methods (Secondary)
- Science of Teaching (Primary)
- Classroom Communication and Technology (Secondary)
- Educational Research (Primary and Secondary)
- Assessment and Evaluation of Teaching (Primary and Secondary)
- Specialisations: Curriculum Development and Planning; Assessment and Evaluation of Teaching and Educational Technology.
The department also offers Post-graduate courses for M. Ed. Ph.D. students. CIAS department is one of the leading departments in the Faculty of Education as well as the University at large. Our work goes across the Faculty as well as the University as the department is often called upon to provide leadership in curriculum development and implementation issues, educational assessment, and other relevant projects and consultancy work. As an example, the department has been actively involved in bringing the English Language Proficiency Project to the University. It also played a big role in the establishment of a national Continuous Professional Development Unit for teachers at the University. The department will continue to get involved in projects and initiatives that are crucial in the improvement of education at the University and the country as a whole.