The objectives of our programmes are to:
- Provide a thorough grounding in the disciplines which form the basis of management practice
- Develop an understanding of the fundamentals of management by studying the subjects, which analyze various aspects of management
- Provide skills of critical analysis in relation to management issues
- Develop an awareness of the responsibilities of managers in an economic, social and environmental context
- Develop basic quantitative skills and the ability to apply them in a problem-solving context
- Provide the opportunity to gain in-depth insight of a management problem through the preparation of mini theses
- Develop skills of communication and co-operation relevant to a student's future career
The Department of Management Science programmes offer the opportunity to develop interpersonal and problem – solving skills to manage business risks and uncertainty, and gain analytical and financial expertise. The department believes that business skills should be all – encompassing in our programmes to ensure a well – rounded highly developed perspective. The department made strategic decision to open campuses in Rundu and Keetmaanshoop to be able to contribute to the university role in delivering high quality business education in Namibia.
Our purpose is to create lasting relationships with Namibia businesses and highly qualified local and international Faculties. Management science department is in a position to offer innovative and applicable business programmes to cohort of hand-picked, diverse young business executives. The course will aim at providing thorough understanding of the activity of management in an intellectually rigorous fashion.
Mode of Delivery
The programmes are delivered on a full-time basis, distance mode, block release and evening par time at the main campus of the University of Namibia and satellite campuses. . The format will be flexible depending on the exigencies of the moment – either daytime, evening or block release. Teaching methods include a mix of lectures, seminars, case studies, class discussions, student and expert presentations, group projects, simulation exercises and guest speakers.
- Bachelor of Business administration
- Advanced Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Entrepreneurship and New Venture Creation Management