The Office of the Director provides leadership in directing and managing the daily operations of the Centre. Through Strategic planning, the Office of the Director ensures the growth of CODeL taking into account, the Centre's goals and annual business/management plan, which ensures continued growth and improvement.
The Office of the Director promotes and maintains awareness of current and future trends in Open, Distance and eLearning and monitors global technological developments, thus ensuring that CODeL achieves its vision and mission.
Our main functions include but are not limited to:
- Supports staff resourcing for CODeL functions, activities and programmes;
- Liaises with all relevant stakeholders;
- Collaborates with stakeholders as per the needs assessment of CODeL;
- Initiates and conducts continuous professional development through CODeL projects
- Presides, participates and provides leadership in all decision-making aspects within the Centre;
- Formulates relevant UNAM Open, Distance and eLearning policies and maintains the academic policies and standards of best practice;
- Fosters research-based professional development for Open and Distance Learning as well as eLearning;
- Ensures solid infrastructures for the Centre and coordinates financial support to acquire needed infrastructures;
- Ensures the Centre's strategic goals are in line with the University's overall Strategic Plan;
- Develops and maintains smart partnerships with all stakeholders;
- Runs the delivery of day to day activities of CODeL's internal and external marketing campaigns.
Through online support users can request for various services rendered by CODeL. Under the help topics, for example:
- Booking of venues
- Distance students' inquiries
- Multimedia equipment bookings
- Lecture video recording service requests
- Request for Moodle LMS services
We strive for timely responses to meet our clients' needs.