CEQUAM’s main objectives are:
- Ensuring a good Quality Culture within the University;
- Improving the Quality standards of academic, research, community engagement and support services activities within the University. This entails participation by all stakeholders;
- Building capacity within the University in terms of Quality Assurance tenets and practices, and
- Implementing quality standards that are benchmarked with local, regional and international best practices, whilst taking into consideration the specific needs and conditions of the University of Namibia.
Through Quality Assurance interventions, we strive to guarantee our clientele:
- Value for money;
- Fitness for and of purpose;
- Relevance of programmes
- Customer satisfaction; and
In so doing, we provide Assurance to our stakeholders that the time students spend at UNAM is used effectively to transform and prepare them to live, work and contribute meaningfully to national socio-economic development.
- Improved student performance and success in learning
- Improved work performance of academic and support staff
- Enhanced transparency and stakeholder confidence
- Enhanced capacity to compete with other higher learning institutions nationally, regionally and globally
Our core values
The Centre for Quality Assurance and Management is mindful of maintaining and reinforcing its core values of:
- Holistic approach to QA in all aspects of the institution’s activities;
- Collaboration and team work;
- Focus on excellence and continuous improvement based on self-evaluation;
- Quality culture where everyone understands, uses and feels ownership of QA systems within the institution;
- Benchmarking with international best practices and evidence-based approaches.