All current and prospective students of the University of Namibia are urged to note the following approved deposits for the 2016 academic year.
Minimum deposits payable at academic registration for 2016
||Non SADC Students
|Tuition fees (Deposit)
|International Student levy
|Total minimum Deposit Payable: Non Hostel Students
Minimum deposits payable at hostel registration for 2016
||Non SADC Students
|Main, Neudamm, Ogongo, Eng. José Eduardo dos Santos and Sam Nujoma Campus (Breakfast included)
|Hifikepunye Pohamba, Khomasdal, Katima Mulilo, Rundu and Southern Campus (Breakfast included)
|Health Science Campus (Breakfast excluded)
A Breakage Deposit Fee of N$640 is payable before or on the day of Registration.
Hostel Fee is payable upfront, on the day of Registration, at the beginning of each semester.
- Non-sponsored students, who settle their tuition and accommodation fees for the full year during Registration, will qualify for a 10%
discount, calculated on actual tuition fees only.
- In order to be exempted from paying the required deposit, bursary holders need to provide written proof of sponsorship/bursary from the Donor.
- Students registering with an acknowledgement letter from the Namibia Student Financial Assistant Fund (NSFAF), should pay the Registration Fee of N$ 1550 plus the required deposit for campus accommodation. Kindly note that the acknowledgement letter is not a guarantee for a loan to be awarded.
- Outstanding balances should be settled in full, before registration.
- A Late Registration Fee of N$500 is payable by all students, who register after the normal registration period.
- A student number must be indicated as reference for all direct and electronic deposits.
- Students who make cheque payments into the University’s bank account, will only be able to register 7 working days after payment.
- Students who make cash, bank guaranteed cheques, debit and credit card payments, at the different Universities cashiers, will be able to register immediately.
- Students are encouraged to sort out their financial enquiries prior to Registration.
Modes of Payment on Remaining Balance
- A debit order system (applicable to Namibian students only) consisting of the compulsory first installment of N$ 3550.00 payable at Registration and eight (8) monthly installments from February-September 2016, on the remaining balance.
- A compulsory deposit payable at Registration, as indicated in table above and eight (8) further installments, from February-September 2016. (applicable to Non-Bursary students).
Bank details are as follows
||UNAM Student Deposit Account
||First National Bank Namibia
||Student Number (Compulsory)